When adding links to content in Confluence, it is highly recommended that you use the Insert linkicon. This will allow you to use the Confluence link functionality that offers a number of benefits over copying-and-pasting page URLs:
- Linked content remains linked regardless if a page is moved to a different spot in Confluence
- Automatically generates link text (i.e. page title)
- Allows you to search for content to link to rather than having to navigate to content for the needed URL
Using the Insert linkfunctionality is very easy.
- While editing a page, select the Insert link
- Type the title of the page you wish to link to in the search bar. Autocomplete choices will appear.
- Select the desired page and update the Link text entry if necessary.
- Select the Insert icon. Your link will appear in the page.