As Library Standards Alliance Members of NISO, the USMAI Library Consortium receives a limited number of logins for each webinar in the popular NISO Educational and NFAIS Forethought webinar series. Registration is now open for staff at USMAI libraries.
Schedule: 2020 NISO Webinars
How to Register:
Any staff member at a USMAI institution can request access to one or more of the webinars.
It's easy to register:
- Make note of the date of the webinar or webinars you would like to attend.
- Visit USMAI's eventbrite page for this series.
- Click "select a date."
- Click "tickets" next to the date of the webinar you want to attend.
- Use the dropdown box next to your campus name to indicate the number of people you are registering for the webinar.
A Few Things to Know:
- Since we have a limited number of logins, each institution should only expect to receive one login. This means that if multiple people at a single institution register for a webinar, we will contact the people who have registered and ask that they watch the webinar together.
- Attendees are responsible for booking a room at their library (if necessary) and for notifying colleagues of the opportunity to attend the webinar.
- Logins are provided to USMAI member libraries on a "first come, first served" basis. However, we may ask staff at nearby institutions to schedule a joint viewing in order to provide access for a more remote library.
- Once we have distributed all the logins for a webinar, we will close registration at the remaining institutions. The viewing locations for the webinar will be listed on the eventbrite page. Staff at member libraries not listed can register to attend a group viewing at another library.
If you can't attend a live viewing: No worries. Archived recordings are available free to all members. You will need to log into the Portal to access the credentials.
Questions? Please contact Katia Fowler